Vision: A healthy river for all, forever
The Swan Canning Riverpark is renowned for its natural beauty and cultural and recreational significance. The Swan Canning River Protection Strategy is a Western Australian Government initiative to provide a master plan to guide investment, keep the rivers healthy and ensure they are accessible for the community to enjoy.
The Strategy is a Western Australian Government initiative and a requirement of the Swan and Canning Rivers Management Act 2006. It establishes coordinated management arrangements to protect and enhance the ecological and community benefits of the Riverpark. It is a long-term commitment to recognise and protect the Swan and Canning rivers, providing a collaborative management approach by outlining agreed actions between the community, industry, government and non government organisations.
The Trust is supported in its work by the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions which has operational and management responsibilities within the Riverpark and Development Control Area.
The Trust is responsible for the development of the Strategy and regular reporting on its operation and effectiveness to the Minister for Environment. DBCA has a key role in implementing the Swan Canning River Protection Strategy and helps to co-ordinate the relevant management actions and reporting on the Strategy from a wide range of partner organisations.
- Swan River Trust Annual Report 2019-20can be downloaded from theDepartment of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions website
- Swan Canning River Protection Strategy biennial report 2018934.44 KB
- Swan Canning River protection Strategy Progress Report 2017
- River Protection Strategy Community Update 20168.54 MB
- River Protection Strategy Community Update 20155.44 MB